Please do not update your iPhone to IOS 12 until we have confirmation that hearing aids will be compatible with this operating system. Hearing aid manufacturers are currently testing to assure compatibility. Please contact our office if you have any additional questions.
We all would like to thank Dr. Judie Sandler for her 32 years of service at the hearing center. She spent countless hours assisting her patients to diagnose and treat their hearing loss. She is an original founder of The Hearing Center back in 1986! Through hard work and dedication, she has helped build The Hearing Center into the premier full service audiology private practice that it is today. While she will be stepping back, an no longer seeing patients on a daily basis, you will still see her around the office. Please reach out to us if you have any additional questions. We look forward to continuing to provide you the highest quality hearing health care. Appointments can be scheduled with audiologists, Dr. Perle, Dr. Elias, and Dr. Conte.
We would like to congratulate Dr. Eric Sandler, Dr. Stefanie Perle, Dr. Alexis Conte, and Dr. Judie Sandler on being selected to NJ Family's Favorite kids docs list! This is the 3rd year in a row for both Dr. E Sandler and Dr. Perle! Please reach out to us to schedule an appointment with any of our highly qualified Audiologists!
We are very pleased to announce that we are offering the following additional services at the Clark Location:Auditory Processing Evaluations Cochlear Implant Evaluation
The following additional services will now be offered at our Highland Park Location Auditory Processing Evaluations Cochlear Implant Evaluations BAHA Demonstrations Tinnitus Evaluations
Please contact our offices to schedule your appointment today!
We are very pleased to announce that the Manalapan office will be adding evening hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays going forward. If you would like to set up an appointment, please contact the office at 732-462-8412.
Dr. Stefanie Perle will be joining the hearing center in mid November! We are presently taking appointments for Dr. Perle and the office can be reached at 732-462-8412! Our office can be reached via email at DrEricSandler@thcaudiology.com . Dr. Stefanie Perle earned her Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) degree in 2004 from The George Osborne School of Audiology at Salus University in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania. She has a Masters of Science Degree in Audiology from Hunter College and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications Disorders and Sciences from The State University of New York at Buffalo. She began her career at JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute and Saint Peter’s University Hospital where she enhanced her clinical skills for pediatric through adult populations. After starting a family, Dr. Perle transitioned to private practice settings. One of Dr. Perle’s special interests are implantable technology, including cochlear implants and the Bone Anchored Hearing Apparatus (BAHA). Dr. Perle was one of the first audiologists in Monmouth County who was identifying cochlear implant candidates and programming cochlear implants. In addition, she specializes in the diagnosis and management of auditory processing disorders in children and adults. Dr. Perle has been invited to collaborate with several local public and private schools to serve this population of students. She was selected in 2016 as one of New Jersey Family Magazine’s top doctors for children. Dr. Perle holds New Jersey Licenses for both Audiology and Hearing Aid Dispensing. She is a member the American Academy of Audiology and the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association. Outside of her office, she enjoys spending time with her husband and three children.
At The Hearing Center, we are very excited to announce the addition of Dr. Sarah A. Elias to our dedicated and talented group of audiologists. Previously, Dr. Elias completed a rigorous residency at Hackensack University Medical Center. She has extensive training in treating pediatric through geriatric patients, in both private practice and hospital settings. In 2014, Dr. Elias received the Joan Fox Award from the Long Island Speech-Language-Hearing Association (LISHA) in recognition of outstanding scholarship and service to the speech, language and hearing field. Dr. Elias will be seeing patients primarily in the Manalapan and Highland Park offices. The addition of Dr. Elias to our staff will allow us to expand our hours of operation in both the Highland Park and Manalapan offices. To better serve our patients, we have also recently upgraded all of our diagnostic equipment as well as all three office locations. The addition of Dr. Elias will round out our current phase of expansion and we look forward to continuing to offer the highest quality hearing health care in central New Jersey.
We are excited to announce that the renovation of our Manalapan office is complete! After completing the update of our equipment to computer based diagnostics, we decided to update the look of our office as well.
But don't just take our word for it, make an appointment and check out all of our latest advances in person!
6. What is the trial period or return period associated with the hearing aid purchase?Any Reliable location that offers hearing aids will offer a trial period of at least 30 days, with a limited non-refundable portion of the hearing aid purchase. 7. How long should my hearing aid last? Hearing aids should be usable for a good 5 years. Perhaps a wearer will want to replace them sooner than every 5 years, and some patients will wear their hearing aids longer than 5 years. We advise patients to expect 5 years out of their hearing aids. Places that recommend you replace them every 3 years should be looked at with a healthy degree of skepticism.
8. For how many years will this hearing aid be repairable if something were to go wrong? Hearing aids can almost always be repaired. Some places that sell hearing aids will not repair hearing aids once the device is over 5 years old. They will tell patients the hearing aids can no longer be repaired. That is not true. Some manufacturers may no longer support a hearing aid for repairs, however, there are outside labs and 'all-make' repair options.
9. Can the hearing aid being recommended integrate with other technology that I use in my day to day life? Most of the hearing aids that we recommend offer connectivity options. Some connect directly with devices such as iPhones and iPads. Some require intermediary devices to connect to other technology devices. However, virtually all of the hearing aids we offer have connectivity options.
10. Are more than 1 manufacturer of hearing aids offered here? Yes, we work with many of the major manufacturers. We work mostly with GN Resound and Oticon, but we also work with Phonak, Widex, Unitron, and others when necessary.
11. Are you an independent practice or are you owned by another entity? We are fully independent. Our owners are all audiologist in the practice.
12. How long have you been in practice? The Hearing Center was opened in 1986 by Dr. Judith Sandler and Dr. Meredith Rothenberg. In 2010 Dr. Eric Sandler became a parter.
13. How can I communicate with my provider if I have a problem. We offer communication via phone and email. Patients are welcome to contact us on off hours via email so that questions can be answer and problems can be addressed when office hours are not in session. We strive to offer access for our patients so that we may provide service unparalleled at any other practice.
14. Why is there such a price range when it comes to hearing aids? There is a wide variation in hearing aid technology as well as features and bells and whistles. Not every patient requires the most advanced hearing aids, and not every patient is well served with less expensive hearing aids. A decision as to what hearing aids are most appropriate for you is determined via a needs-based assessment.
These are the answers to these questions that you would receive in our Clinics: 1. What is the cost of the device and what is included with this cost?
A. It depends upon the technology level. We look to match the technology to the patient's lifestyle. The more active the person, the more likely they are to see increased value in more expensive technology. We Currently offer 5 price tiers of hearing aid technology.
2. How many years of service, how many office visits are included with the hearing aid purchase?
A. We offer cleaning and hearing aid checks for the life of the hearing aid at no charge and we do not limit office visits.
3. Are there costs for replacement parts (domes, receivers, filters, etc)?
We do not charge for domes. In warranty, filters and receivers are covered as well.
4. Will I be able to see the same provider at each visit or the same team of providers, or is staff constantly shuffled?
Patients are welcome to request the same provider for each visit.
5. Are hearing aid fittings verified with Real Ear Measurements?
Yes, we do offer real ear measurements at all of our offices for all of our hearing aid fittings
Keep an eye out for the answers to the rest of the questions you should be asking of your Hearing Health care provider.
We are asked by patients all of the time, "How do we know the right place to get a hearing aid". Many of our patients report being bombarded by local advertisements offering the next best thing in hearing health care at a rock bottom price. To those seeking out hearing health care I caution it can be a minefield out there. There are many ways that you can protect yourself against deceptive practices and slick sales people. First, The MOST important factor in deciding where to seek your hearing health care is that you trust the provider. It is more important to shop around for the Audiologist than to shop around for the product (hearing aid). Go with the person that you trust!
Second, you want to make sure that you are seeing an Audiologist for your diagnostic hearing tests. Often times, test are offered as 'free' because those providing the tests are not able to provide diagnostic tests because insurance companies do not recognize them as providers. If someone is selling hearing aids and is not an Audiologist, they may only be able to test hearing for the purposes of fitting a hearing aids. This test will not be the same as a comprehensive diagnostic test. At many hearing aid stores, the sales person will wear a lab coat to confuse the patient and make them think they are a 'doctor' when in fact they are just selling a device.
Third, you want to make sure that your provider is working with name brand nationally or internationally recognized hearing aid manufacturers. These major hearing aid manufacturers include names such as Resound, Oticon, Phonak, Widex, Siemens (Sivantos), or Starkey. You also want to make sure that the provider is not offering hearing aids that have in a sense, 'locked' technology. If you move away from your current provider, could your hearing aids still be adjusted? Many hearing aids are designed to limit who can actually adjust and program them.
Fourth, here are some VERY important questions to ask when purchasing hearing aids:
1. What is the cost of the device and what is included with this cost? 2. How many years of service, how many office visits are included with the hearing aid purchase? 3. Are there costs for replacement parts (domes, receivers, filters, etc)? 4. Will I be able to see the same provider at each visit or the same team of providers, or is staff constantly shuffled? 5. Are hearing aid fittings verified with Real Ear Measurements? 6. What is the trial period or return period associated with the hearing aid purchase? 7. How long should my hearing aid last? 8. For how many years will this hearing aid be repairable if something were to go wrong? 9. Can the hearing aid being recommended integrate with other technology that I use in my day to day life? 10. Are more than 1 manufacturer of hearing aids offered here? 11. Are you an independent practice or are you owned by another entity? 12. How long have you been in practice? 13. How can I communicate with my provider if I have a problem. 14. Why is there such a price range when it comes to hearing aids?
Stay tuned to this blog for the answers to the questions later in the week! Please check us out and like us on Facebook. Check out our website for updates at The Hearing Center . Please contact our Director of Audiology DrEricSandler@thcaudiology.com with any questions you may have.
At The Hearing Center, we are very proud to announce that by the end of the week, all of our facilities will be offering state of the art computer based diagnostics. Our practice has enhanced our diagnostic testing capabilities and modernized our facilities. Integrated real ear measures are now available for all hearing aid fittings at all facilities. Please contact our office to set up an appointment and take advantage of our state of the art capabilities!
We are very excited to announce that we have been approved as a selected clinic site for the Cochlear Americas Provider Network. In the near future we will be working with Cochlear Implant and BAHA patients for their evaluations and mapping. Please contact us for further details! Keep an eye on this blog for more exciting updates in the near future! Check out this video to get learn about the newest cochlear implant technology: